Volunteering - Creating a Safe Environment / Safe & Sacred Program
Every person who wishes to volunteer at St. Mary’s School must be trained in the values of Creating a Safe Environment. This training needs to be current. Volunteers are required to:
- Participate in the Safe and Sacred Program online training (session will take about an hour)
- Sign a Diocese of Rochester Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Complete a Background Check form (conducted by Rochester Business Alliance)
Volunteers who have completed the training prior to 2008, also need to update their credentials through the online Safe and Sacred Program.
Access to this program is found on the Diocese of Rochester website or by clicking link below.
- Log on to http://www.dor.org
- Scroll down on the right and click Online Training Center
- Click: Enter Online Learning Center
- Complete training and print certificate
- Complete Background Check form
- Sign Diocese of Rochester Volunteer Code of Conduct
There is only one (1) User Name and Password assigned to our parish/school for the online CASE/Safe and Sacred Program training. This log in should be used whether you are completing the initial training or re-training.
No volunteer should be "registering" on the site and creating their own information. If you do, there will be a restricted message and you will not be able to complete the training.
Username for St. Mary's School: IT1751 Password: initial
Click here to access the CASE/Safe and Sacred Program Training
Diocese of Rochester Code of Conduct (Click here for pdf)
Authorization of Background Check (Click here for pdf)
Questions: Contact Ann Marie Deutsch at firstname.lastname@example.org